Wednesday, September 22, 2010

SWMO Dirt Crit #6

Low turnout last night, but still some quality guys. LBS demo'ed me a Specialized 29er (never ridden on before) for the wide open 'roadie' course and it was a good choice (terrain too rough for the 'cross bike). Stuck with leaders (two guys) threw 1 1/2 laps then got gaped for rest of the race. Finished third (again) and got in a solid 40 minute suffer-fest. Bike driving ability is on the rise as these events are forcing me to be smoother with much more flow then ever before; if this keeps up by the time I am 50 I'll have 'Crusty Like' skillz (smooth as margarine).

Tried and tried to arrange schedule to play with the boys this weekend in Madison, but family and work is keeping me south. Heading to KC on Sunday for the inaugural Manion's CX for a double (Masters and then 2/3 race). Good luck this weekend fellow Jackalopes and ride 'em if you got 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment