Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Working Out the Bugs

Race #2 in the books and things went much better than the opener. Raced the 3s at the Diamond Blackfan event in Lenexa, KS on a great 1.99mile loop with a good mix of a little of everything. Worked into 2nd place about a 1/3 of the way into the race and felt I still had plenty of horsepower to go when I dropped a chain and it wedged between my 42 ring and the 50t (which I was using as a chain guard until I had a chance to pick up a Paul's keeper). Got it back going and worked into 3rd on final lap when it happened again. Frustrated but feeling like I was actually a competitor again I finished 7th. Looking forward to the keeper arriving this week and racing this weekend at the Boss Cross #2 (that's right Crusty, my son's XC meet will keep me from BC #1 and thus you avoiding reality for one more day).

Loving, I mean LOVING the Blue. Holy crap that thing is quick and responsive!

No comments:

Post a Comment