Sunday, September 20, 2009

First Race!

I don't think I've ever been so nervous before a race. I seriously wondered if I was going to be able to finish.

Not only did I finish, I managed probably a top 30, maybe even 25 - the results were seriously FUBAR'd - and no one from the 40s lapped me!

I had little speed, little acceleration, and I felt pretty wobbly going over the barriers. My legs were tired, but not my lungs.

But damn, it's good to be back racing. It was good to travel in the BAV with Chad, He-Man, and the Sponsor with Cupcakes.

Now that one race is in the books, I'm ready to actually try to race. Well, there's two races next weekend, and given how I feel right now, maybe I should just go within my limit a few more times!

It's raining! I hope it rains all week.

No comments:

Post a Comment