Tuesday, July 5, 2011

karl's jr. - winning(s)!

While my team mates have been doing some racing and more racing and blogging in famous places, I've been hitting the road training for 'cross season, and winning, or at least riding to the mailbox to collect my winning(s).

Twice during the Giro, I hit the jackpot. First, at least in reverse chronological order, was racejunkie's contest, where I placed second in the Week 3 contest, where I won a mess of stickers, but being the shrewd barterer, I traded a jar of our world famous MWI Embrocation for one of racejunkie's custom embroidered moisture wicking Walz cycling caps. The fit is great, and I can't wait to get it sweaty and dirty once the weather turns cooler.

Before that, I cashed-in during the Pave blog's Cima Coppi Contest, by correctly guessing that Stefano Garzelli would be the first to cross the Passo Giau, the Giro's highest point. For that brilliant guess, I was the lucky winner of a Laekhouse t-shirt, and appropriately enough, I picked the Fausto Coppi.

So, thanks to all my new friends at the Pave Blog, Laekhouse, the racejunkie blog, and Walz caps. I personally invite you all to come out to Kansas City, Milwaukee, or any other stop on the MWI 2011-2012 cyclocross season barnstorming tour - we'll bring the cupcakes and beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment