Thursday, October 25, 2012

Down on the Farm

First, I'd like to give a big thanks to the folks that hosted the Joule's Cyclocross event in Lawrence this past weekend.  Michelle Jensen and her Freestate Women's Racing team seem to have a great relationship with the landowners, and in its third year, they all have developed a great race on a permanent cyclocross venue, just outside of Lawrence, KS.

I made it out the second day of the two day event last Sunday.  The course mainly grass with a few rocks and a lot of dust.  It was fairly long - about 7 minutes - but wide with lots of room to pass, and only one dismount on a steep run-up.



We had a little rain the week before, so I was expecting a soft muddy course, but it was pretty hard and dry, although not as bumpy as it had been in the past.  The SS'ers rolled off early, with the Cat 4's.  I had a good start , sticking with the lead group until the spiral.  I battled in 5th or 6th most of the race, but pulled ahead in to 5th on the third time up the long uphill just before the turn to the start/finish.  I powered when I could and used a some of the Cat 4's to recover and bridge up to the next group. I finished 5th, and even with Britton and Joe in the race, I didn't get lapped.

Back to Riverside this weekend for Boss Cross 3&4.  Thanks again to Roger for the pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment